A good example of a new Nashville business (and media executive) weblog: The blogosphere-embracing general manager of the Nashville ABC-affiliate, WKRN-TV, Mike Seachrist, has started blogging himself.
Here are a few good things I believe suits (like me) can learn from Mike’s first few days of blogging:
1. He writes in his own voice — you know it’s him.
2. He talks honestly — explaining, for example, how the station has lucked out on ratings of the current “Bachelor,” because of some fortunate Nashville connections…(“a show that I thought was well past its prime,” he admits).
3. He comments on other blogs — like mine — during the weekend and at night, so I know he’s not delegating the conversation.
4. He links out – to other websites (like mine) boosting my blog-ego (blego).
5. Most encouraging: he doesn’t blog with numbers like I’m doing here.