- Quote – “Whether or not youâ€™re personally interested in traveling in an airplane with folding wings that doubles as a road-worthy automobile, quite a few private pilots are.” [My 2008 resolution: More links to flying car items.]
- Quote – The new titles illustrate not only the continuing possibilities of niche magazines but also offer a window into the lives of those who put them together.
- A “how we did it piece” by Budget Travel magazine’s editor Erik Torkells on the special 10th anniversary issue. Quote – “Editing reader content for a magazine is harder than it looks.”
- I rarely point to items related to the buying, selling, starting, stopping, hiring and firing of the magazine industry — unless it actually is news. This is.
- Wow. I’m amazed by the simplicity of this idea. Scan all your membership cards into your iPhone to thin down your wallet. A bar code reader can read your the numbers from your iPhone. (via lifehacker.com)
Rex Hammock’s RexBlog.com
The blog of Rex Hammock, founder/ceo of Hammock Inc., a customer media and marketing services company founded in 1991 in Nashville, Tenn. Rex is also founder/helper-in-chief of SmallBusiness.com.
RexBlog.com was created in August, 2000.
Chief Executive Magazine: Top Ten CEO Blogs
Blogs.com: 10 Popular CEO Blogs Worth Reading.
YoungEntrepreneur.com: Top Ten Company-Founder Blogs.
Nashville Technology Council: Social Media/Blogger of the Year (2009).
"When it comes to discussing what the future holds, Rex Hammock is one of the guys you want to speak to."
Recommended by Rex
Recent Tweets by @R