Blogging and photography

My friend, Josh Hallett, has a great post today about blog posts that are photographs. I was thinking about his post when this photo presented itself to me this afternoon. The shot is of some Nashville buildings awash in sunset gold (coming from behind me) as the moon rises above them. How’d I get that shot? As Woody Allen said, 80% of success is showing up. When it comes to getting good photographs, 80% of success is having a camera with you at all times. In my case, the other 20% comes from being inspired by bloggers like Chris Wage who sees Nashville’s downtown as an ever-changing canvas and palette and Joi Ito who awes me with portraits he captures with the skill of a 1950s-era Life Magazine photo-journalist.